Frequently Asked Question
The Progress Report Block is installed on the SD50 Moodle as an option for teachers to use. The purpose of this guide is instruct teachers how to add this block to their courses should they wish to use it.
This block will allow teachers to bulk-send emails to all your students in a Moodle course with a your custom note on top, their student info, and a table of their grades (automatically pulled from the Moodle gradebook).
This makes for a good weekly update/reminder for DL/BL teachers.
Sample email contents:
Adding the block to a course:
- Within your course, click "Turn editing on"
- In the side panel, find "Add a Block"
- Add "bcln_progress_report"
- You should now see the block
Sending out messages:
In your new block "Compose an email"
- Add students to receive emails.
- Fill in the fields:
- Subject = subject in email
- Message = the note at the top of the table
- Receive a copy? = if you want a copy (I don't bother, stored anyway)
- Make sure you "Include Progress Report" (default)
- Send Email
Including Parents and/or Counsellors:
The bcln_progress_report block will send your message to the following email addresses for each student chosen:
- student email (of course)
- Contact1 (if an email is found here, it will be included)
- Contact2 (if an email is found here, it will be included)
- Contact3 (if an email is found here, it will be included)
Instructions for admins (and teachers*) to add email addresses to "Contacts":
- Within the course, click on Participants
- Click on the student's name.
- Under "User Details," click "Edit Profile"
- Under "Other Fields," enter email addresses into "Contact1,2,3"