Frequently Asked Question
For instructions on migrating your Archived Classes scroll to the bottom of this article.
Follow these instructions to migrate your Google Classroom from mysd50.ca to sd50.bc.ca:
- Go to https://classroom.google.com and sign in with your mysd50.ca credentials.
Once here you will see all your Active Classes as below:
- Click on the class you wish to migrate. (note, you can copy all of your courses at once) From this window click on People.
- Under the teachers heading, click on the “Invite Teachers” icon on the right. In this menu, add your email@example.com address; now select your email address from the list below. Once done click invite on the bottom right.
- Once done, you should now see your new address listed as invited under teachers.
- Check your firstname.lastname@example.org email where you will now see a notification inviting you to join the class. Click Join.
- Once you click join you will be re-directed to a Microsoft Login Page (if not already logged in). Login here with your email@example.com credentials. Once logged in you will now see your class.
- Click on the Hamburger Menu on the top left of your screen and Select Classes at the top.
- In this window you will see your class that you just shared with yourself. Click the 3-dot menu on the top right of the class and click Copy.
- In the new Window that pops up you can edit the name of the class. Do something here to differentiate your new course from your old course. (We can rename it again later). When done click Copy.
- The course copy is now complete, and you now see multiple courses. One is your new copy, and the other is the old share. Now we’re going to leave the old share by clicking the 3-dot menu and selecting “Leave Class” on the “Shared” course.
- You now have your copied course and its contents – if you wish you can change the name back to what it was originally. To do so, click on the 3-dot menu and select Edit. In the pop-up window, Edit the name of the course and click Save.
You have now successfully migrated your course(s) from mysd50.ca to your sd50.bc.ca home.
Migrating an Archived Class
Migrating an Archived Course is done exactly as above however you must first Un-Archive the course to Share it.
- While logged in to your mysd50.ca account in Google Classroom click on the Hamburger Menu on the top left and select Archived Classes.
- In the list, click on the 3-dot menu on the top right of the class and select the restore option.
With the course now in your active list you can follow the guide above to migrate your course to sd50.bc.ca
Once completed you can re-archive your course in your sd50.bc.ca account.