Frequently Asked Question
Edit access to shared files or folders in Office365.
Last Updated 2 years ago
Editing access of an already shared file
- Log into your OneDrive
- Highlight your file(s) that you wish to edit the access on and select the ellipsis (3dots)
- Click on the ellipsis and select the option Manage Access
- In the Manage Access window you can re-share the file, stop sharing the file, view the sharing links and who has access to the sharing links:
- In the centre of this box you will see the sharing links. Clicking on the avatar or the down arrow beside the avatar will show the list of who has access to the file. Clicking the X beside the name of the person removes their access.
- Clicking the ellipsis beside the Copy button will open the Link Settings box. In this box you can allow/disallow editing
- When you have changed the settings to your preference click save on the bottom which will bring up another dialog box asking you to confirm your changes. Clicking "Change It" there will complete the edit.
- You can now click the X in the top right corner of your OneDrive Files listing